Friday, July 12, 2013

Root Canal

I went to the dentist yesterday. I had pain, not extreme pain, but a very annoying pulsing pain. (Still have it) The pain I got really makes it difficult for me to concentrate. So I made an appointment with the dentist yesterday. Going there I opted to drive myself and I never drove so badly in my life. (Well maybe the first time I drove I did worst) Missing turns and taking a little bit of curb while taking a sharp turn. Driving while having mind numbing pain was not the wise thing to do. This lesson learned; I won't be driving myself to my Monday follow up appointment with the dentist. And for the time being I am staying home.

I really hoped it would turn out to be a tooth cavity that needed filling, but I got an infection and need a root canal done on me. This was the first shock. The next one was how much the treatment costs. It will set me back a lot. Sure, I should have prepared better for this kind of situation, but with my financial situation as it is, and the recession going on, I just did not have the means to anticipate this calamity. Having tooth problems was the last thing on my mind. The reserves I build up through the years I spend it last year on many minor mishaps and I was not able to build it up with the cost of living rising and my income stagnated.

I really try to do get some writing done, but I'm not doing so well. My mind is on my tooth problems and my financial predicament and keeps me from focusing on anything. It's really wrecking my writing mojo. I had planned to have had a book finished and ready to send to my editor by the end of this month. I don't think I'll be able to get the deadline, nor am I sure I'll have the money to be able to pay for the edit. I guess I'll have to postpone it, and focus on the release of Undead (Finitum series Book 1) and hope to get enough sales to be able to pay for the edit of Book 2 ( and if lucky enough to pay my dental bill).

My current situation, not as dire yet to bankrupt me, but also not really helping with my already not so sound financial situation brings home this post from Kristine Kathryn Rusch I read a while ago. I think I really have to start getting my shit together someway, anyway possible really, because if I don't try to help my luck a little, my bad luck will soon financially ruin me.

After Monday, once my tooth problem is settled, I plan to work harder and put yet more effort into my writing and publishing. I need to make something out of it, or seek something else in the mean time to build up a monetary reserve to avoid being in this situation again.


UPDATE:

26th of July I went back to the dentist for another molar that needed much attention. This time I only needed a cavity filled. It surprisingly hurt more than when I had my root canal done. I'm still sore. Though I'm happy I've had it done.  The pain should subside within two weeks. If not I'll need to go back to the dentist.

6th of August. So far so good. No more tooth problems. (knock on the wood)


If you want to get an automatic email when Alex‘s next book is released, sign up here. Your email address will never be shared and you can unsubscribe at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment